Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas for areas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Ideas for areas Reply with quote

Every now and then I get builders come to me asking what they should build next. So I thought I'd ask for suggestions here and see what people come up with.

As a general rule I'm trying to move the mud away from surrealism (with the initial removal of areas such as Dangerous Neighbourhood and the gradual phasing out of areas such as Olympus and Galaxy), so things with a more solid base in AD&D-style fantasy are welcome.

Just as a guide to the world:
The Mainland: Temperate, with icy regions. The Manilla Mountains to the north can be particularly cold, and house such areas as Winter Dreams.

Pentir Island: Tropical. Plenty of palm trees, tribal villages, beaches, and so forth.

Djakiar: A vast sandy desert far to the south.

None of these places are intended to be an exact match for a country on Earth, so specific references to 'real-world' peoples or religions should not be used. However, it may help to think of Pentir as being Carribean, Djakiar as being anywhere in Africa or the Middle East, and the Mainland as distinctly European.
Glaykor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: building ideas Reply with quote

I have a bordello area that I've been working on (I am using the ORB program for my practice in building areas) that you can have when it is finished. Twisted Evil

I'm still trying to figure out mobprogs yet Sad
Then I'll need to talk to you about what kind of items I can put in it.
Palermo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I think I might build a pirate ship. Haarrrrrrrrr!
Palermo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gareth... what should I build next? *inno* Cool
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See me online and I'll see if I can figure out what needs doing to lay out Djakiar.
Wizzy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is old - and perhaps it's already been made - but I was once working on a city for Sh'kura characters. Like a mining type city.

Anyway - something I thought would be cool.
Avianna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean the weird tunnel that goes to nowhere?!
finish it please!
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."
- Lord Byron
Lucifer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had an idea for a gauntlet type arena area. like on gladiators when you have to run past 6 gladiators or whatever. but the gladiators would be different level mobs gradually getting stronger up to AV.

So you could start with say lvl 20 mobs and gradually build up.
Could eventually lead to gauntlet runs to see who can get the fastest time.
The mobs could be random ones already present in the mud popped between a certain level range. I Could build the gauntlet template on Orb and then it would just need mobs implementing and maybe a stopwatch command.

What do you guys think?

Lucifer
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no longer accepting areas built with ORB. The Abandoned Codex codebase has changed too much from the smaug standard by now, it's just too much of a nightmare to get ORB-built areas working. If you want to build areas, do it on the bp.
neq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to build a area whos sole purpose is to allow a person to inflict the maximum damage Like a punching bag (well the mob will be a punching bag) And then through some sort of program or something there is a notice board that keeps track of the most damage for various groups like the most damage in the level range of 10-20. Or what ever groups the people come up with. I know it is kinda pointless but it would be an area just to go play to see if you can beat your own personal best. instead of comparing it to highest dam that you get when you type score.

(I couldn't remember if i said this before so if i did could someone point me to that thread)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea, not sure if it can be done in mobprogs.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with the current prog abilities it can't be. Would definitely require some coding.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Omen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Death's Peak Reply with quote

Well gareth i do have an awesome idea that would play off of Ghost Town. but instead of being in the mainland it would be in pentir. The Basis for this area is a Mountain range Caught in a Necromancers Mistake (Aka he was trying to make a zombie but instead of just one zombie his spell "infected" the entire Range.... Zombies Ghosts and a few necromancy adepts roam the area seeking to please their master (fyi the boss would be a necromancer named Dante Omar) it will be around 30 to 50 rooms (or more if you think it needs it) with two peaks. the first peak will have Dantes pet Uber-Yeti zombie named Fluffy(Dante has a sense of humor) the second peak will have Dante Omar himself. Dantes weapon is a Staff known as "Death's Whisper"......

GARETH IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE PLEASE CHECK YOUR MUD MAIL my application for admin is waiting for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: