Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BP Problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: BP Problem? Reply with quote

Hey, I posted this as a note on the BP but I thought I'd put it here too since there might be a better chance of someone seeing it.
I've encountered a problem I've not seen before. I force a mob to
remove something they are wearing and it blinds them. It's not just my
objects and mobs, I tried it out on several other mobs as well that weren't
built by me. Anyone know what's up?

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just encountered another problem which really causes me grief. Using mobprog ifcheck ovnuminv() == 1 does not work on the higher level vnums. Meaning, having more than 1 of the item in the mobs inventory doesn't matter. It still considers it as being only 1. In fact even on == 0 it's basically ignoring the if statement entirely, but doesn't enact an else. I suppose I could find out the exact point at which it stops working, but I bet you could figure out faster. I've found tho that 10000's and below work, and 28000's and above do not. Don't ask me why, I'm going insane...is there any remedy for this insanity?

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Talinn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Stupid stupid stupid... Reply with quote

This is why people should not overuse mprogs/oprogs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is why people should not overuse mprogs/oprogs.

Because they're broken? Lovely, lets just not add life to our areas because one or two things don't work. Hrrrrm...I don't recall you following that rule very well either Talinn, so there! RazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazz again...hehehe

Besides, only ONE of the problems I listed was even program related. And that is actually a problem that I know how to work around thanks to my coolness Wink Having little problems like this doesn't signify overuse of progs. For all you know, this is the only mobprog in my area. Your statement is rather silly and ignorant, so I'll just ignore it.

Palermo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightblade, there's "broken" as in "doesn't work", and there's "broken" as in "screws everything else up". I'll have a look at the blindness thing when I get time (which isn't now).

-g
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: