Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real Ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Real Ideas Reply with quote

How about a section of the website where the administration can post when they plan on running a quest? On top of that, what if there were a section with all the different quest-lines currently active, and a summary for each one. I'd be more than happy to write this up for all of Unther's quests, and some of the ones I know of Gareth's. I would think this would be useful. The questions arises though, whether they could use what's on there as IC knowledge? I would say yes, so long as the equivalent has been posted on the IC board, which I try to do consistently. Just an idea.
chingan
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Quest forum Reply with quote

The reason I didn't put a quest thread in to begin with is that I wanted to avoid starting IC discussions - which should be held on the mud and its IC notice board - on the website.

But you have a good point when it comes to timing of quests. Maybe some general RP tips could be given here as well... anyway : we bring you .... the Quest thread! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, clear off.
We're overworked already. If we're able to give advance notification of a quest we do it on the Main Recall Board, with the subject line clearly indicating that it's a quest announcement. If that post isn't there, it's because we weren't able for whatever reason to give that advance notification. Maybe we're just running the quest on a whim, or maybe we couldn't make any promises on times and dates because of RL commitments.
The main board at recall really isn't that inaccessible.

I generally notify anyone who is listed as online on my ICQ list when I'm about to run a quest; I'm UIN 20665652 for anyone who wants to be added.

The quest board is welcome enough for OOC discussions of quest-related things, though.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reference to the posting summaries of plotlines and so forth, by all means do so, as long as you keep it to things that are already public knowledge In Character. If you're revealing something that you think should be public knowledge but isn't currently, then do it In Character as one of your characters on the IC board (and take responsibility for whatever consequences might ensue from it.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: