Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas.txt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palermo wrote:

I can build a neighborhood of houses that can be connected to the city... They would range from a 1 room to 5 room. The big ones could even come furnished with beds and tables. Then maybe after a player buys a house, they could re-decorate it as they wish, but would cost extra gold/qp. Let me know what you think.

That was broadly the plan with Leety Street in Pentir.
casik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

i think that if people had houses on the island then people would stay on island rather than being on the mainland and also if you could add in people being able to spend gold/qps on buying like a guard dog or a personal servant or maybe even a healer that would make the game much more attractive. also i think the game should be more roleplay friendly like if you kill a snake and get a arm its like Shocked Question cause snakes dont have arms unless otherwise noted in the description. Smile
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
also i think the game should be more roleplay friendly like if you kill a snake and get a arm its like cause snakes dont have arms unless otherwise noted in the description.

First off, here's a little gift:
,,,,, ... ''''

Secondly, yeah, the onus is on the builders to set bodyparts appropriately to the mob. If you can point me at specific mobs then I'll fix them, of course. It's just a nuisance that most builders seem to value quantity over quality. Sad
neq

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being able to brew something with more than one spell, Smile if that was an abiblty of an av Pal i would go pal right now, or even being able to cast more than one spell in a round like 3rd attack but for spells behold the power of a warwizard then. Hey g wanna give me mana restore hehe just joking
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thulla

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo.....Mr. Green
neq, that is the best idea i have ever heard. a 2nd/3rd attack...cleric style! and as far as putting two spells on a scroll/flask there are pills and potions already in teh game that do the same thing, so why can't a cleric scribe them that way too?

also, and i think this might just be me, i think it kinda stinks that in a pk fight we aren't allowed to heal others, especially for rp reasons. i know this is a touch y subject with a few people, so ignore this if you want to. but think of it this way: you and your best friend/romantic partner is wandering down the street ic, and your nemesis wanders into the room ic and starts to attack them. why can't you help?
anyways that's my 2 cents

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you and your best friend/romantic partner is wandering down the street ic, and your nemesis wanders into the room ic and starts to attack them. why can't you help?

In principle I agree. In practice I think we all know that it's not so simple - is it fair that a gang of peacefuls with one deadly tank should be able to hunt down deadlies who can't retaliate against the peacefuls?

Just to test the water, what would people think about a command that let peacefuls go deadly instantly, once ever? So that if you did feel so strongly about wanting to defend your romantic partner then you could hit 'become deadly now' and fight, but once it was done you couldn't change back without divine intervention?
Vicks

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another solution would be to make everyone deadly Wink

hehehe, but seriously, if you want to be able to attack people, you also have to be prepared to be attacked yourself. And if this is the case, then you should probably be playing a deadly anyway.
Shadowkaun

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gareth"]
Quote:
Just to test the water, what would people think about a command that let peacefuls go deadly instantly, once ever? So that if you did feel so strongly about wanting to defend your romantic partner then you could hit 'become deadly now' and fight, but once it was done you couldn't change back without divine intervention?

I like the idea, but whats to stop a strong peaceful, who just walks in while your qpin/level and types "become deadly now" so your completely unprepared etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Palermo

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against peacefuls going deadly all together. If you wanted to be deadly, create a deadly to begin with. A few people create peacefuls, qp them up and go deadly and act like they're tough shit while everyone else creates a deadly and deals with the crap that comes with it. If you want to play a deadly... play it from the beginning.

My four cents.

Quote:
[21194] Nilus: vapires shouldn,t be llowed ito the catedral nstead they should have some dank hole to crawl into and regen

I like that idea!
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
whats to stop a strong peaceful, who just walks in while your qpin/level and types "become deadly now" so your completely unprepared etc.

Nothing, but they'd only be able to do it once ever, so it's not like anyone's going to be making a habit of it.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as a note or flag is placed on the character going deadly for that reason, I'm ok with the idea. It would be a bit lame to do that, then ask an unknowing admin to change back to peaceful. Or I guess you could just entirely kill the option of switching peaceful to deadly and vice versa.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thought it through, I've decided to side with Vicks and Palermo on this one - if you want to be involved in Player versus Player combat, go deadly.
Personally I view 'deadly' as the default state for a properly roleplayed character, with 'peaceful' as the intrusive game mechanic to make the game 'softer' for those who prefer to pick and choose when they get into combat. By that I mean, peaceful is a limitation you've voluntarily taken upon yourself, with all that it entails.
So sorry Thulla - you can't have it both ways. You're either in or you're out.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's anothing that's sprung up from a recent conversation:
How about we make Peacefuls pkillable?
Now, before anyone panics, here'd be a (possible) detail:

- Pkill timer is 24 hours (you can't be pkilled more than once a day)
- No looting - this would be enforced in the code so it'd be physically impossible to get looted
- No shoving or dragging (but they can't shove or drag either)

And if you're deadly, no more loot limits, at all, or any of the other sissy complaints I keep getting Wink
Palermo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic!
Lucifer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proper mountable mobs which you can ride into battle with an uber lance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: