Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Of Inchoations, for those who haven't been on all the quests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Quests and Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Of Inchoations, for those who haven't been on all the quests Reply with quote

As the years passed, the adventuring population steadily grew in power. More and more achieved the rank of Avatar, and some progressed yet further beyond. Mana was formed, manipulated, and expended in the thousands.
Eventually, this caused an instability in the natural balance of magical and spiritual energy in the world. Something deep and fundamental broke, as two inchoations, or sources, of energy tore into existence.

The source of magical energy appeared beneath the Halls of Forsaken. With it came beings of elemental magic who ran chaotically through the streets of Xantheus. Many organisations negotiated and battled for control, including the Sh'kura Nation and the Deathknights of Di Eamen.

The source of spiritual energy materialized west of Pentir, and was quickly taken by a powerful Drow necromancer who used it to create countless ghasts, ghouls, and wights. The necromancer was eventually killed by a group of adventurers; however, by then the amount of spiritual energy that had been claimed for Evil had built up to critical proportions: it took form as one being, and rampaged about the land seeking a host body whilst building its own armies.
It eventually found a victim - Indigo Erebor, the Dragon-Half. Last seen with pale skin and red eyes, he has constructed a fortification east of Anon, where he is presumed to be planning his next attack.
Wedge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Nice, G, I didn't realize where Fane came from, that's all good to know; makes sense. BTW, what happend to the Magical Inchoation?
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still sitting there spewing out elementals Razz

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: WTF Reply with quote

No kidding? I thought that thing got taken care of during the Ira 'Saken war. Or that Di Eamen had it by now. Thanks for the info Night.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, saken ira sit-a-thon is more like it. But I'm really not sure what's happening with it currently. Before Drak took over Forsaken, I think they were trying to use the energy. What with all that crap about the mining and the like. But then I seem to recall you, Wedge, and some other people posting notes about having the inchoation, 'taken care of'. Then I also seem to remember Cedrick posting a mollifying note or something...then nothing happened. So yea, as it stands now, I'm not sure Forsaken even remembers it has a hole in the ground with a bunch of magical energy in it.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The energy from the magical inchoation is mostly being absorbed, due to a ritual cast with the help of some adventurers about 3 months ago.
Wedge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Absorbed Reply with quote

Absorbed, aye? Great, into yet another host body?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: More History of the Inchoations Reply with quote

The ritual cast upon the Magical Inchoation succeeded, and the energy ceased to flow.
Of Fane, however, worse was to come. A legion of the Sh'kur army had commandeered the village of Anon to use as a base from which to strike Fane's fort. With the aid of a select few adventurers, they charged, and were met with a hoarde of orcs and trolls. Fighting their way through, they eventually reached the possessed form of Indigo Erebor who was called Fane. He was slain by Akastron, and for the moment they seemed victorious.
Fane, however, was not to die. He returned to his ethereal form, again to take another host.
Several months later, he tricked the cleric Andersen into exploring a dark wood in the north, which the locals had always avoided. There he took his body, and fled to rebuild his army. Some time later, Andersen's corpse fell from a great height into the middle of Xantheus. It is unknown to the general populace at this time what Fane's final fate was.

As for the Dragon-Half Indigo; he was taken by his brother Vicks to the top of Ryshikannan where he laid him before the eldest of their kin. It was thought that nothing could be done - until the True Dragon Falisvir, survived of the Wars of the Gods, returned to breathe life upon him. Indigo returned to the world a full dragon.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I killed Indigo, with the Drygonite and all. And due to this, Fane left the body and ran away for a time.

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, might've been you. I thought it was Akastron that actually landed the killing blow, though my memory's not what it could be.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe, I dunno...I was too busy laughing hysterically and hoping Indi wouldn't hunt me down and try to hurt me

I do know however that Wedge told me to poke him with the Dryongite sooooo....Personally I blame Wedge! Twisted Evil

Lucifer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so where is the incohation that absorbed sakens?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your question is already answered earlier in this thread, Lucifer.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread bumped because someone who I won't name recently failed an av2 test in part for not knowing it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Quests and Plotlines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: